Cyber Liability Insurance
Cybercrime Liability Insurance covers are broad in their scope of criminal activity. While computers, mobile devices and the Internet have made our lives easier, it does expose us to that element of people also use these technologies to take advantage of others.
If your business has any of the following in your business, then you are at risk of a cyber attack:
- A website transacting payments
- Business Website
- Cloud Storage of client data
- Computers accessing the internet
- Email services
- Networked Computers
- Storage of data or private client details on your network
Basically every business with a website now has a similar exposure to copyright, money laundering etc. as a publisher and as such should be insuring for Cybercrime Liability Insurance.
Claims normally come from first and third party claims.
- Data locked out for monetary exchange – Extortion by denial of service
- Data removed, encrypted or damaged eg. Client lists, IP information
Client private details become available publicly. E.g. full names, medical records, ID numbers
Sadly, not all policies are the same so our qualified Brokers will ensure that your Cybercrime Liability Insurance policy is specifically designed to suit your individual circumstances.
This is general advice only, please refer to the policy wording for full details.
For more information please contact Australian Elite Insurance Solutions to speak with one of our specialist brokers.